As of Summer of 2016, we have begun using a different virtual meeting room and system. We hope that there are no firewall issues with it, but please let us know if you’re having problems. If one or more of the diagnostic tests in Step 1 on How Do I Participate in a Webinar? fails, contact your IT staff or Internet Service Provider and work with them to see if there are ways to allow the stream through the firewall. With the new system, the URL for each webinar will be different. Questions can be directed to the LPE Learning Center coordinator, Jill Heemstra, email@example.com or the webinar coordinator, Leslie Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Things to Check
Quick things to check if you have trouble connecting. Check the following simple items to help resolve meeting access issues.
- Are you connected to the Internet?
- Disable popup blocker software.
- Clear the browser’s cache.
- Try connecting from another computer.
- Are you accessing the correct URL?
Cannot Hear the Presenters
If you cannot hear the presenters or the volume is very low, try the following:
- adjust the volume on your computer and/or speakers
- exit the virtual meeting room and return
- send a note to the presenters through the “chat” pod in the virtual meeting room