The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, printed version is available as is a 2-CD set of the lessons in PageMaker format. For more information or to purchase LPES materials, contact MWPS by phone at 1-800-562-3618, by fax at 1-515-294-9589, or by e-mail at email@example.com
View Lesson 1 (PDF file). Individual sections can be accessed below.
The participants will
- Recognize key principles of environmental stewardship.
- Understand key environmental issues facing the livestock and poultry industry.
- Review those environmental and regulatory issues that are of local interest.
- Principles of Environmental Stewardship
- Understanding Manure’s Environmental Benefits
- Manure and Water Quality Concerns
- Manure and Air Quality Concerns
- Issues of Local Concern
- APPENDIX A
- APPENDIX B
The participants will complete
- An assessment of the environmental stewardship principles that they have implemented with their own livestock/poultry operation.
- A prioritization of individual environmental issues within the local community.
- A review of applicable regulations.
Author: Rick Koelsch, University of Nebraska