The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, printed version is available as is a 2-CD set of the lessons in PageMaker format. For more information or to purchase LPES materials, contact MWPS by phone at 1-800-562-3618, by fax at 1-515-294-9589, or by e-mail at email@example.com
View Lesson 13 (PDF file). Individual sections can be accessed below.
The participants will
- Develop a general understanding of nitrogen (N)(protein) and phosphorus (P) metabolism in feedlot cattle.
- Learn the recommended N and P requirements for feedlot cattle to minimize overfeeding of these nutrients.
- Develop an understanding of potential dietary strategies that will maintain or maximize animal performance and minimize total nutrient excretion.
- Nitrogen and P Excretion in Feedlot Cattle and its Fate
- Nitrogen and P Use by Feedlot Cattle
- Dietary Management Strategies that Reduce N and P Excretion in Feedlot Cattle
- APPENDIX A
- Calculate late the amount of N and P excreted by feedlot cattle.
- Evaluate the effects of ration formulation changes on N and P excretion..
Authors: Galen Erickson and Todd Milton