Using manure to generate energy is growing in popularity. Explore the topics below to learn more.
- Introduction to Thermal Technologies for Generating Energy from Manure (Combustion, Pyrolysis, Gasification)
- Benefits & Challenges of Manure-Based Energy
- Farm Manure-to-Energy Case Studies
- Start-Up Questions and Considerations (What should I know or ask before pursuing manure-to-energy technologies for my farm?)
- Additional Resources on Manure-to-Energy Technologies
|Manure-to-Energy in the Chesapeake Region 2016 REPORT|
Portions of this information were funded by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF), the USDA, U.S. EPA, and Chesapeake Bay Funders Network. The views and conclusions contained in materials related to the Farm Manure-to-Energy Initiative are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing the opinions or policies of NFWF, the USDA, U.S. EPA, or Chesapeake Bay Funders Network. Mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute endorsement by project funders.