This webcast discusses various aspects of composting horse manure. Bedding options and how they impact the composting process as well as basic design considerations in large and small operations are discussed. This presentation was originally broadcast on June 19, 2015. More…
If you have difficulties please see our webcast troubleshooting page. If you need to download a copy of a segment, submit a request.
Equine Bedding Materials Effect On Physical And Chemical Properties
Steve Komar, Rutgers Cooperative Extension (19 minutes)
CREATING Compost GOLD: Easy steps to start a workable system
Jamie Cohen, University of Florida (19 minutes)
Composted Equine Stable Waste
Mollie Bogardus, Aveterra and Green Mountain Technologies (28 minutes)
Questions and Answers
All Presenters (15 minutes)
- Composting and the Benefits: Achieving Practice Change through Education to Reduce Nutrient Loads and Increase Adoption of Best Management Practices
- Benefits of Bedding Reuse for the Equine Industry
- Effects of bedding type on compost quality of equine stall waste: Implications for small horse farms
- Manure Management Strategies Webinar — Help Your Horse, Help the Farm AND Protect Our Water
- Pasture Soil Health Brings Great Benefits
Continuing Education Units
Certified Crop Advisers (CCA, CPAg, or CPSS)
View the archive and take the quiz. Visit the CCA continuing education page for additional CEU opportunities.
American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS)
View the archive and report your attendance to ARPAS via their website. Visit the ARPAS continuing education page for additional CEU opportunities.