The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, printed version is available as is a 2-CD set of the lessons in PageMaker format. For more information or to purchase LPES materials, contact MWPS by phone at 1-800-562-3618, by fax at 1-515-294-9589, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
View Lesson 10 (PDF file). Individual sections can be accessed below.
The participants will learn:
- The basic principles of animal nutrition.
- How animal nutrition interrelates with nutrient excretion.
- Nutrient Use
- Feed Waste
- Improving the Nutrient Yield from a Feed
- Interaction of Feed with the Animal
- Precision Nutrition
- Nutritional Interventions Targeting Ammonia
- Nutritional Interventions Specifically Targeting Odor and Dust
- Water, the Overlooked Nutrient
- Economics of Reducing Nitrogen and Phosphorus Excretion
- APPENDIX A
- APPENDIX B
The participants will:
- Evaluate what feed formulation strategies can be applied to a farm for reducing nutrient excretion.
Authors: Theo van Kempen and Eric van Heugten