The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, printed version is available as is a 2-CD set of the lessons in PageMaker format. For more information or to purchase LPES materials, contact MWPS by phone at 1-800-562-3618, by fax at 1-515-294-9589, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
View Lesson 2(PDF file). Individual sections can be accessed below.
- Recognize the importance of balancing nutrient inputs and managed outputs for a livestock operation.
- Identify potential indicators of a “whole farm” nutrient imbalance within the producer’s own operation.
- Be aware of fundamental strategies for addressing a whole farm nutrient imbalance.
- Nutrient Concentration and Distribution
- Whole Farm Nutrient Balance
- Typical Nutrient Balances
- Sources of Nutrient Inputs
- My Livestock/Poultry Operation in Balance?
- Strategies to Improve Nutrient Balance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Comprehensive Nutrient Management Planning
- APPENDIX A
The participants will complete
- Environmental Stewardship Assessment: Indicators of a possible imbalance that may exist on your farm.
- Regulatory Compliance Assessment: Regulatory compliance issues related to nutrient management that may be applicable to your livestock or poultry operation.
- Estimating a whole farm nutrient balance.
Author: Rick Koelsch