The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, printed version is available as is a 2-CD set of the lessons in PageMaker format. For more information or to purchase LPES materials, contact MWPS by phone at 1-800-562-3618, by fax at 1-515-294-9589, or by e-mail at email@example.com
View Lesson 32 (PDF file). Individual sections can be accessed below.
The participants will
- Identify appropriate best management practices for their farm.
- Identify activities related to timing of applications that may lead to higher environmental risk.
- Solutions: Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Ten Land Application BMPs
- BMPs to Reduce Nutrient Losses
- Other BMPs
- Issues of Local or Regulatory Concern
- APPENDIX A
- APPENDIX B
- APPENDIX C
The participants will complete
- An assessment of the environmental stewardship principles that they have implemented with their own livestock/poultry operation.
- A prioritization of individual environmental issues within the local community.
- A review of applicable regulations.
Authors: Ron Sheffield