The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, printed version is available as is a 2-CD set of the lessons in PageMaker format. For more information or to purchase LPES materials, contact MWPS by phone at 1-800-562-3618, by fax at 1-515-294-9589, or by e-mail at email@example.com
View Lesson 40 (PDF file). Individual sections can be accessed below.
The participants will
- Realize outdoor air quality (OAQ) is not only odor but includes gases and particulates.
- Be able to identify OAQ sources on their operation.
- Have a basic understanding of OAQ field measurements.
- Be aware of public policy OAQ issues.
- Airborne Emissions and Human Health
- Airborne Emissions from Animal Production Systems
- Measuring Outdoor Air Quality (OAQ) Components
- APPENDIX A
- APPENDIX B
- APPENDIX C
The participants will complete
- Self-assessment checklist
- Demonstration of measuring instruments
- Some sensory training techniques and active learner methods
- Lecture with slides and video
- Case study for regulations and nuisance/health issues
Authors: Larry Jacobson, Jeff Lorimor, Jose Bicudo, and David Schmidt