This webcast examines the veterinary feed directive and how it impacts animal agriculture as well as discusses the state of the science as it relates to antibiotic resistance. Finally, it busts some myths and reviews “facts” to keep in mind when chatting with livestock producers and the general public.This presentation was originally broadcast on March 25, 2016. More…
If you have difficulties please see our webcast troubleshooting page. If you need to download a copy of a segment, submit a request.
How Will the NEW Feed Antibiotic Use Regulations Impact Antibiotic Resistance
Dee Griffin, University of Nebraska – Lincoln (12 minutes)
Antibiotic Resistance in Agroecosystems: State of the Science
Jean E. McLain, University of Arizona (16 minutes)
Fact Check: Agriculture & Antibiotic Resistance
Lisa Durso, USDA-ARS (14 minutes)
Questions and Answers
All Presenters (13 minutes)
- Impacts of antibiotic use in agriculture: what are the benefits and risks?
- 2010 Summary Report: On Antimicrobials Sold or Distributed for Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Antibiotics in Agroecosystems: State of the Science Workshop Summary
- Antibiotics in Agroecosystems: State of the Science (Special Issue – Mar 2016)
- FDA’s Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
- FDA’s Veterinary Feed Directive Final Rule and Next Steps
- FDA’s Guidance for Industry / Small Entity Compliance Guide / Veterinary Feed Directive Regulation Questions and Answers
- Veterinary Feed Directive Questions and Answers from Dr. Griffin
- Understanding the FDA’s Guidance for the Industry 213
Continuing Education Units
Certified Crop Advisers (CCA, CPAg, or CPSS)
View the archive and take the quiz. Visit the CCA continuing education page for additional CEU opportunities.
American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS)
View the archive and report your attendance to ARPAS via their website. Visit the ARPAS continuing education page for additional CEU opportunities.