Jerry entered a manure pit on his family’s dairy farm. He was overcome by hydrogen sulfide. He survived, but how? Now he’s trying to save others. This presentation was originally broadcast on October 19, 2018. More…
What software do you need to view the slides and the videos?
The embedded videos can be viewed full screen by clicking on the icon in the lower right corner.
My Survival Story…
Jerry Nelson, Former Dairy Farmer, Author, Salesman, Accident Survivor (10 minutes)
Manure Storage Safety…Don’t be Complacent
Tracey Erickson, South Dakota State University (29 minutes)
Questions and Answers
All Presenters (15 minutes)
- Telling the Story Project
- Reducing Risks from Manure Storage Agitation Gases
- UMASH Farm Safety Check –Manure Gas Safety Checklist
- Non-Enclosed Manure Storage Safety Tips
- Preventing deaths of farm workers in manure pits
- Understanding Manure Storage System Safety Risks